Our Mission: Friends of the Chugach National Forest Avalanche Information Center (F-CNFAIC) is dedicated to enhancing avalanche awareness in Southcentral Alaska through information, outreach and partnerships.
F-CNFAIC • PO Box 242482 • Anchorage, AK 99524-2482
Rob was an outstanding member of the local community, a veteran ski patroller, and professional colleague. He was a dedicated friend of the Chugach National Forest Avalanche Information Center and worked to educate the next generation in avalanche safety. Rob had a sincere passion for the outdoors and skiing. Rob was a strong supporter of the avalanche center, and his contributions will be missed.
We thank the Hammel Family and all the supporters for the generous donations sent to the avalanche center in Rob’s name. These donations will be dedicated to this memorial scholarship fund to give educational opportunities to those who cannot afford it.
If you would like to donate to the Rob Hammel Fund please make your donation through the membership donation section of this website, then send us a follow up email and we will apply your donation amount to the scholarship fund.
|Jaime Andersen & Eeva Latosuo||Kristin Bass||Devorah Bertucci||Mick Bradway|
|Ralph and Carolyn Brodin||Sarah Carter||John Castellot||Maurice Cohen|
|Alyeska Ski Patrol & Snow Safety||Andy & Bea Dietrick||Marie Dochnahl||Ed Friedman|
|John Gadow||Elizabeth Garrett||Jacky Graham||Carol Hafferman|
|John Hall||Ryan Hammel||Ryan Hammel||Rorie Hammel|
|Rorie Hammel||Raina Hammel & Richard Segal||Patricia Hong||Cameron Houser|
|Mark Jonas||Mark & Julie Jonas||Olivia Kates||Jim & Sue Kennedy|
|Ashley Hovis & Kyle Kidder||Dan Kiland||Tom Kobach||Valerie Waldrop & Marc Kornmesser|
|Eeva Latosuo & Jaime Andersen||Katie Ronsse Libby||David Marshall||Gina Martinez|
|Debra Mcghan||Anonymous||Konrad Mittelstadt||Matt Murphy|
|Timothy O'farrell||Colin O'Farrell||Betsy Preis||Bill Romberg|
|Claire & Ryan Rosston||Girdwood Rotary Club||Anonymous||Tom Schmid|
|Matt Schwartz||Tracy Smith||Chris And Stacie Tierney||Anonymous|
If you would like to apply for a scholarship read and follow the steps below.
Rob Hammel Scholarship Fund Application process:
2 Scholarships available:
Avalanche Professionals ($500)
- Scholarships are awarded to individuals for avalanche education on a yearly basis. Scholarships must be used for the course or educational offering for which they are awarded.
- Potential recipients must write a request to the F-CNFAIC board/ scholarship committee. The request will identify which scholarship (Professional or Recreational), course name, dates, a brief candidate resume/bio and, most importantly, the merits of the course to the recipient. Essentially, scholarship candidates must explain to the committee, in writing, why they should receive a scholarship.
- In addition to need, applicants who will be applying for the avalanche professional scholarship who will use the training to promote further education and safety (e.g. snow professionals or educators) will be given favor.
- The deadline for applications is Dec 15th. Requests will be reviewed and awarded at the monthly F-CNFAIC board/scholarship committee meeting following the deadline.
- Recipients must use scholarship money within one year of receiving award.
- Eligible courses or educational experiences must conform to national standards. Scholarships for professional workshops or conferences will be considered on a case by case basis by the board.
- Two scholarship amounts yearly
- Avalanche Professional $500
- Recreational User $500
- Make applications in writing to:
PO Box 242482
Anchorage, AK 99524-2482
or email: email@example.com